BT Yahoo Broadband

exdragon 19:11 04 Dec 04

Can I ask a silly question before I opt for this?

Can I still use Outlook for my emails and do I replace the modem I currently have with the one BT supply?

I've got XP home

Diodorus Siculus 19:13 04 Dec 04

Use outlook? Yes - you may need to change the SMTP server to BT.

Modem? Yes, you should be able to use the one BT provide.

Are you moving to a Basic service? If so, you will not get any smtp authorisation.

exdragon 20:14 04 Dec 04

No, it's the 512, 15GB monthly one with 11 email addresses, £26.99 a month, but I can get it for £8 less for a year as I'm a BT pensioner. Well, I could if I could find the wretched site again!

Lionheart ? 20:32 04 Dec 04

This it click here

exdragon 22:18 04 Dec 04

Thanks, I found the employees offer page. The one I was looking at is the £26.99 one - do you reckon it's ok? I'm a BB virgin

Bagsey 00:08 05 Dec 04

Hi I use that connection or did until I upgraded to a 1 meg connection. I havent found the upgrade worth the effort or money. Service has always been good though.

The Spires 00:39 05 Dec 04

I used BT BB for three years before I moved this year & had no problems, a close friend has been with BT BB for four years without problems.

exdragon 08:40 05 Dec 04

Thanks for that, chaps, I'll go for it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…