BT Yahoo

ellastonepaul 19:52 28 Mar 04

I use have used ISP BT on both laptop & desktop for several years. Recently I "upgraded" to BT Yahoo and downloaded Dialler on laptop. Coincidentally I now

1. Cannot send, but can receive, e-mails.
2. Cannot access some secure sites (eg Barclays Bank)

The e-mail comes up with error 0x800CCC0F. IExplorer comes up with error screen "cannot find server" after entering password.

Same problem if I revert to old BTAnytime dial-up settings.

If I use another ISP (Telco) e-mail "sends" but is then returned as undeliverable. NO problem accessing bank.

If I use desktop NO PROBLEM....

I have checked setting laptop vs desktop and all apear identical.

Virus software is "off". Modem checks out as OK.

BT yahoo Helpdesk not helpful. This problem must be something to do with new settings for BT Yahoo...but what ??

VoG II 20:19 28 Mar 04

click here
Firewall?

ellastonepaul 21:38 28 Mar 04

VoG Tks but had checked Knowledge Base error amnd followed instructions... and XP firewall is currently off. ..........

kimjhon 21:53 28 Mar 04

Are you using Telco as an ISP or as a maill server?

If you use BT Yahoo they block mail servers other than their own from using port 25. Although you will still be able to receive from another mail server through port 110.

Chronos 22:31 28 Mar 04

this mirrors all the hassle i have had with BT.yahoo, anyway to cut a long story short,all the mail options in bt.yahoo have to be filled in, just like you did when you first went with BT.

i take it you are with BT?

ellastonepaul 08:39 29 Mar 04

Telco used purely as test ISP, btinternet.com is mail server.

All mail options filled in an checked against BT Yahoo help notes on mail.......

I believe there is something more basic than the mail side as why does it block access to secure sites on IE??

Rhodie 01:28 30 Mar 04

Yesterday I connected to bt using old dialler and all okay. Today couldn't connect with bt dialler so went to bt yahoo and downloaded their dialler - still can't connect. Currently using Virgin net on pay per minute. Contacted BT - neither use nor ornament and technical help on premium rate. Still no nearer an answer - hoping to get some insight from this site. I have windows 98SE with IE6 and ISDN.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…