bt wireless probs

breville8 18:54 28 Aug 06

i have just gone onto bt wireless with their so called 'top package' and are rather frustrated at the mo!! My main terminal is connected via cable but the secondry is via wireless. I am continually losing connection to this and the pc is now asking for an ip address?? the wireless pc is only aprox 3 mtetres away with only one brick wall inbetween. any solutions or help would be gratefully appreciated please...

alex22 19:00 28 Aug 06

BT are obviosly ripping you off.

Although, are you using a external wireless finder. Some can be rubbish!

breville8 19:03 28 Aug 06

already had that thought so which wireless adapter would you suggest??

ade.h 19:16 28 Aug 06

click here

I have found best results with 3Com USB and Linksys PCMCIA wi-fi adapters. Or Belkin and Buffalo for PCI.

ade.h 19:18 28 Aug 06

Oh, and I would add the Linksys desktop-positioned USB adapters to that shorlist, if you can accept the higher price and if the positioning suits you. They are not practical for use with laptops.

josie mayhem 02:15 29 Aug 06

Before going out and buying another try this uninstall our adaptor completely.

Then put your bt disc in, but exit when it shows up. Then put your wireless adaptor into your computer so the found new device comes up, click on this to bring up the wizard window and follow let the wizard select the appropate drivers....

I had the same problem with my laptop and bt's voyager 2091 wireless setup, keep dropping the conection the above solved the issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…