BT Wireless Network 1250

bevantjf 14:02 26 Sep 06

I have just bought a second hand BT Wireless Network 1250 Router with wireless adaptors from ebay.
When i try to install it it comes with a message which says:

! CONFIGURATION ERROR
Setup was unable to prepare your computer for BT wireless Network 1250 connection.

I am using Tiscali Broadband, is this the reason why?
Do i have to have BT broadband? If so can i configure the Router to work with Tiscali?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

ade.h 15:20 26 Sep 06

It is certainly possible that this router may be ISP-locked, as at least some or more BT-related routers and modems have been thus.

I am wondering what you are doing to generate an error message such as that, since there is nothing that needs to be done to a network client in order to use a router: plug it in, open a browser, access the configuration interface, configure the router, job done.

Cymro. 15:44 26 Sep 06

I also have such a BT router and have had nothing but problems with it. Intend to save money and get something better.

bevantjf 16:41 26 Sep 06

I plugged it in alonmg with the installation CD, followed the instructions and thats whta happened.
What is the IP address? Where can i get it from? Is there anyway of unlocking it?
Thanks

ade.h 17:59 26 Sep 06

The default gateway IP will be listed in the manual. Download one if you don't have a copy.

Installation CDs are totally unnecessary.

bevantjf 20:34 26 Sep 06

I cant find any info re the configuration or default gateway ip,the manual was on the BT website.
Would anyone be able to look into it for me and see what can be done as i really need it to work.
Cheers

ade.h 20:46 26 Sep 06

I'm sorry; I don't know the IP for BT routers (especially old models) as I don't use them or ever work with them.

bevantjf 21:38 26 Sep 06

OK, not to worry mate.
Cheers
Do you know of anyone who may be able to help?

ade.h 22:47 26 Sep 06

Not many BT users in this forum.

mikesuther 08:42 27 Sep 06

I think the problem may lie with not knowing what the security password is. luckily Bt thought that this router would be popular and to vercome the problem hid the number on the unit. The way aroun the problem is to attempt to list what wireless connections are avaiable, then click on 2wire, it will then say that this connection is security enabled. the password is located underneath the unit normally under the serial number In the boxed symbols[] keep this number safe either on the diskthat came with the unit or somewhere you willnot forget. I found my router very reliable and it is still going strong for some one else. it has now worked on BT,Tiscali and now AOL. not bad for a router which some is past its best. It is not as fast as some routers available today, but reliability wise you have a bargain. good luck and happy surfing regards Mike

mikesuther 08:46 27 Sep 06

As there are so many configurations please contact me direct if you have furthe problem. I assume that you followed instruction initialy. You installed the software first before conecting the unit. if not this could be the route of the problem. Go to add remove programs and remove 2 wire gateway. Unlug the router, and start a fresh.conect the unit using either a USB or ethernet cable initialy this is for security and makes the setup easier from experience.

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now