Bt wireless

Gina_48 11:44 23 Aug 06

I have a bt router voyager 2091 I had my laptop connected and it was working for months with a bt voyager 1060 adapter Now its stopped working I reninstalled now the cd wont go to the part were it says to plug in the adapter card I cant get it to work at all Any help ???

ade.h 12:33 23 Aug 06

If the CD won't work, try installing it with only the driver (I am assuming XP, as you haven't said otherwise). Copy the driver by browsing the CD, then plug in the adapter and let the hardware wizard run. Point it to the driver.

Gina_48 14:38 23 Aug 06

Sorry yes its xp I will try this and get back to you
Gina

Gina_48 17:17 23 Aug 06

I tried this and the hardware wizard installed the adapter but I still cant connect I think I'll just buy a new adapter ( not bt ) Thanks ade.h

LAP 14:34 24 Aug 06

When I first got my BT wireless router I purchased 2 wireless adaptors Philips make, because they were cheaper than BT's. The set up instructions might as well have been in Chinese. I took them back and exchanged for BT's make. Set up and running in 10 minutes.

Just something to bare in mind!

Gina_48 19:44 24 Aug 06

Thanks for the advice, I just wish this would start working. I might reinstall windows xp maybe The adapter will work ( knowing my luck with computers it wont !!)
Gina

LAP 13:04 25 Aug 06

I forgot to mention one of my adaptors was faulty took it back and exchanged it. Could yours be faulty?

Gina_48 14:49 25 Aug 06

The adapter just stopped working I was on the laptop the night before and it was ok when i turned the lappy on the next day it had stopped working .So I dont know if it could be faulty or not I bought it of ebay but it was brand new and came to me sealed , just hate the thought of buying a new one :(

Gina

Gina_48 08:59 28 Aug 06

Thanks for all the help I reformatted my lappy and now the Bt wireless adapter is working :)
Gina

LAP 17:51 28 Aug 06

Nice one, please 'tick resolved'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…