bt webmail access

mermaid25 23:06 PM 11 May 12

a friend has a btinternet email address. a large file has started downloading but dosen't complete as too large. she needs to go to webmail and delete it so other mail can get through, but has never done it before and dosen't have any log in details. she is using outlook 2003 as her email program. she has just spent time on BT helpline but her tech skills are ltd and so is her patience, so i can only imagine her conversation with the tech guy was colourful! is there a way to find out her log in details somewhere in the outlook set up. I have outlook express so can't help her. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly received. thanks

Ashrich 23:29 PM 11 May 12

The login user name and password is the same as used for Outlook , although if that can't be remembered BT can reset it for your friend , just make sure that they don't wipe out the whole account as they did to a client of mine the other week . The user name will be viewable in Outlook , the password alas will only show dots .....

mermaid25 23:36 PM 11 May 12

thanks for that. It would seem that Bt have now wiped all her mail from server, including those she had not downloaded to pc yet. I will close topic as it has now become something else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November