bt voyger modem problem

steven_frost 16:49 23 Dec 03

my internet contection keeps dropping after ever 10 mins anyone got any ideas

First question to ask is always = Anything else connected to the same USB hub?

Djohn 17:01 23 Dec 03

How is your modem connected to your PC?

1) through a direct connection at the rear.

2) through a PCI card at the rear.

3) through a hub.

Also do you have any other USB hardware connected through the same port.

Which O/S [Operating system]

steven_frost 17:01 23 Dec 03

i have 4 ports on the back of the pc one for the scanner which is switched off and the power turned off

Djohn 17:02 23 Dec 03

Evening [email protected]@m ;o)

steven_frost 17:04 23 Dec 03

modem is a bt voyger modem usb conettected to the pc

Djohn 17:16 23 Dec 03

Hi steven_frost, It seems you missed my questions! ;o)

The little information I have on USB and modems is that your USB ports will deliver 500m/amps of power with a +/- of 5 m/amps. The Voyager modem is a good quality modem but at times will require the full 500 or slightly more.

If your USB is only providing 495 m/amps this will lead to your connection dropping. One way round this is to buy a Powered hub. Connect the modem to the hub and the hub to one of your existing USB ports. This will provide full power to the modem at all times and give you an extra 3 ports to use as well. Cost approximately £20.00.

Regards. j.

steven_frost 17:18 23 Dec 03

not had a problem with it before the motherboard is brand new and is usb 2 only had this problem today and have had broadband since march

Djohn 17:22 23 Dec 03

OK, No problems since March. Motherboard is brand new. Have the problems started with the install of the new motherboard?

gold 47 17:22 23 Dec 03

Using a BT Voyager 100 with AOL running XP had a problem at first ie couldn't open pages or the connection would drop it was my Preventon firewall
that caused the problem changed to Zone alarm pro
works fine now couldn't say if this is the fault in your case though.

steven_frost 17:24 23 Dec 03

nope that went smooth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…