BT Voyager ASDL modem

B_E_N 20:52 13 Jun 03

My modem (external via USB) works fine except after a short time the power cuts out and i have to restart my computer (the bad way i.e. turn off the power) to get it to work again. i have heard all sorts of stuff such as reinstalling drivers or changing power saving options. I think it could be the former but it hasnt worked the first few times. what should i do?

jaygice 21:01 13 Jun 03

what do the arrows do when this happens what o/s

steven_frost 21:07 13 Jun 03

What os you got i have the same modem and under windows 98 it would stop working for no reason since changing to xp all is well

B_E_N 21:09 13 Jun 03

The OS is ME
Do you mean the lights on the modem (they just go out) or the arrows on the sysem tray icon (im not sure what they do i think they go grey too).
Thanks

jaygice 21:21 13 Jun 03

it sounds like it not getting enough power i am running 98 i had this prob as well and it was the power i think the modem needs 3-400ma not to sure you can buy a usb card to fix this

B_E_N 21:32 13 Jun 03

an amendment to make on the arrows - it just locked up so after restarting i now know that the arrows stay green but stop flashing. Reinstalling the drivers doesnt help either, so it must be the power supply. ill let you know if swapping ropund USB ports works

graham√ 21:43 13 Jun 03

If you have other devices, printers, scanners etc. on USB, unplug them and try again.

ahales42 21:54 13 Jun 03

Voyager modem uses 500mA. Are you using VIA chipset because this causes a lot of problems. If so then using a self powered usb hub should help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…