BT Voyager ADSL Modem installation

ceiber 11:41 02 Mar 03

Attempting to load BT Broadband. Loads ok but hangs on power down or up with the modem connected. Many system file warnings which have ultimately completely crashed windows and needed a reload.
Running Windows ME upgrade from Windows 95. System stable for over 12 months with other programs/hardware. BT Broadband helpdesk say problem is upgraded version of Windows ME and I should purchase full version. Before I shell out on XP does anyone have any ideas of how to correct please? Currently connected via ADSL but only by connecting modem after boot up and will need to be disconnected before I close windows.

ataunto 11:46 02 Mar 03

Had the same problem with Win 98SE due to not reading the instructions which came with the Modem. Thought I knew it all. Try uninstalling BT-broadband software and re-installing again. In the meantime my OS is WIN2000 using a Nokia IP55 ADSL Router. Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…