BT Voyager 240 router

Totally-braindead 19:40 10 Dec 07

Anyone set one of these up, nephew was on the phone and he can't get it to connect - he was given it free by a friend as his was broken.

He insists its installed ok and it does appear in his taskbar as connected but he can't work out how to connect to it using IE and MS messenger.

I presume you somehow set Internet Explorer etc to connect to it but how?

Also he tells me that although it says its connected in the taskbar the USB light on the router is flashing. This to me means the USBs not connected, could this be the source of his probs?

ambra4 20:16 10 Dec 07

BT Voyager 240 is a power packed ADSL router with 4 Ethernet ports and 1 dsl port there is no USB port on this router

Does the modem have an Ethernet port or just a USB port, if just a USB port he cannot use with the router, if there is a Ethernet port remove the USB cable and connect as listed below

Connect an Ethernet Cable between the router's DSL Port and the Modem’s Ethernet Port.

Connect a second Ethernet Cable between the PC's network card port and Port 1 of the Router's LAN Ports

Power on the Modem when fully booted with all lights displayed

Power on the Router when the router is fully up and running

Power on the computer and wait until it is fully booted up

Now launch your web browser and type the Router's IP address access code, which you will find in the manual, into the browser address bar

This will open the configuration pages to set up the router and wireless networking.

Once the router set-up is completed and you have SAVE the setting log out and close browser

Reboot the Router by power it off and back on and wait 1-2 Min’s

You should see 5 green lights showing on Modem/Router

The 2 displays Icon should be in the task bar-Right Click-Status-Support

What you should see is the following:

IP Address 192.186.1.XXX which is the Computer IP Address

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway 192.168.X.X which is the router IP Address

If you click the Detail button you will see a lot more information the WINS Server is always blank

You should now be able to browse the Internet

If you have any blank spaces (Gateway, IP address etc) you need to recheck the Router Setup and Lan Card setting

Check the browser setting and the lan card setting check this posting
click here

Totally-braindead 10:08 11 Dec 07

Thank you for that I will pass it on to my nephew.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac