Bt Voyager 2110

surfer girl 10:40 27 May 06

I have had this excellent kit now for 3 weeks and both the PCs and both the laptops connect to the broadband lovely, one via Ethernet cable two via usb adapters and one via built in wireless all on XP. So.. how do I network the 4 so we can file share? Or is it not possible with this router? I don't have anything showing up in my network places. Please help I'm having a blonde moment

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:51 27 May 06

Have you looked at the Wireless network wizard (control panel/wireless network setup wizard).

surfer girl 10:57 27 May 06

Yes Hertz I tried that last night and did all the malarki with a key drive but no joy, still nowt in my network places or should I be looking somewhere else?

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:15 27 May 06

Never tried this myself (one day), someone will be along later I am sure.

Newuser38 14:43 27 May 06

File sharing is possible with the 2110 and I have done it but never wrote it down. I have 4pcs 3 ethernet, one wireless BT1055 usb, which can share progs,pictures etc 2 on win 2000 and 2 on XP. Each machine has to be set up individually.So do one at a time.

As I recall go into Control panel, Network connections, and then into set up home or small business network. each machine has to be given its own identity I have Fred1 etcetc and I have called my network home. once you have set up the pcs the files etc on each machine you want to share have to be set up as shared each individually. As an example if you go into My Documents and into pictures in the left column you will see the share route as one of the options. The pcs you want to share between have to be on at the same time. We do not use all ours at once so not all always turned on.

Sorry not to clear perhaps but have a go it does work. I have moved files and printed from one printer etc. Please ask if you get stuck and I will try and rework what I did.

Newuser38 14:28 31 May 06

Did you crack it?

surfer girl 14:11 01 Jun 06

Not yet Newuser but I havn't given up yet

EA 15:45 01 Jun 06

On each computer, right click My Computer, click on computer name and give each computer a different name. Note them down. You can change the name of the work group but it must be same for all computers on the network.
On the computer whose files and printer you want to share, double click on my computer and double click on C drive. Find the folder you want to share or make a new one., right click it and select share. Click on "understand security risks" and the click "just enable sharing" and then OK. Click on "share this folder on network" and "allow users to share my files".
To share printer open control panel, printers, right click printer, then sharing and type in a name for it and note it down.
Move to another computer on network and if you can not see the computer or printer you are sharing click on start, run and type \\<computername> (relace computername with the name of the shared computer, and press enter. You should see the shared folder and the printer so click OK to install the remote printer. Double click the folder to see the files. If this did not work try using Start,"search" for the computer , printer and files"

EA 15:45 01 Jun 06

On each computer, right click My Computer, click on computer name and give each computer a different name. Note them down. You can change the name of the work group but it must be same for all computers on the network.
On the computer whose files and printer you want to share, double click on my computer and double click on C drive. Find the folder you want to share or make a new one., right click it and select share. Click on "understand security risks" and the click "just enable sharing" and then OK. Click on "share this folder on network" and "allow users to share my files".
To share printer open control panel, printers, right click printer, then sharing and type in a name for it and note it down.
Move to another computer on network and if you can not see the computer or printer you are sharing click on start, run and type \\<computername> (relace computername with the name of the shared computer, and press enter. You should see the shared folder and the printer so click OK to install the remote printer. Double click the folder to see the files. If this did not work try using Start,"search" for the computer , printer and files"

surfer girl 23:35 01 Jun 06

well after following EA's advice I can now see my other computer on the network but I do not have "permission" to access the other one I have tried to connected to. Ideas?

Newuser38 20:49 03 Jun 06

Have a look at this thread and the walk through it might help.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…