BT voyager 2100 Wireless Router

Hamish 13:36 25 Jun 05

Does anyone have experience of the above mentioned router. Thanks

Magik ®© 14:05 25 Jun 05

i have the 2000 voyager, whats up?

Hamish 14:59 25 Jun 05

Sorry, May not have made my posting clear. I was planning buying one and wondered if how good or bad they are and if easy to set up.

Minkey1 15:47 25 Jun 05

Hamish

I've got one-due to a good write up in WU Reviews.

Compared to a simple USB adapter network I had before, I'm delighted with it. Great being able to have the main PC off but still surf/print via the family laptops.

Works fine in a duplex apartment, and before that in a largish det house, tho both were new builds so can't comment on older houses/solid walls etc.

Set up was easy tho I've left security at "Hide network name" and "specified MAC addresses only".

Mine came as a kit with a laptop adapter and a PC slot card. I havn't used this as the router is on my desk so I've connected it to the desktop via ethernet cable.

Settings are via a built in IE type interface - there's a CD but this only has a manual on it.

All in all, nice piece of kit.

Mike

Magik ®© 15:52 25 Jun 05

best thing since sliced bread, all set up and running with two laptops in around 15 minutes, took longer to get it out the box, and it works ace,,

Hamish 16:35 25 Jun 05

Thanks Minkey1 and Magik ®© for that information

StevePW 16:49 25 Jun 05

I originally got a wireles router (I think a Belkin but not absolutely sure) and it would not work to one of the childrens's rooms upstairs.
I took it back and swapped for a BT 2100 and have had no problems.
Hope that helps

HondaMan 17:02 25 Jun 05

I have just bought one after endless trouble with a Linksys. How I wish that I had bought one earlier.

No dropped network connections or internet connections. Connects in about 15 secs on startup and I can use it anywhere in the house or garden with no probs at all.

Go ahead and buy it!

Hamish 19:22 25 Jun 05

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…