bt voyager 2100 configuration problems

WOMAN HEAD 14:34 21 May 06

I recently re-formatted my laptop and now i can't use my wireless router. The connection is fine and the status on the click here is 'ready to connect' but when i enter my user name and password it wont connect. Anyone

Mad Mick 18:35 21 May 06

Can you set the router up by using the ethernet cable. That should be your first task, then make sure the wireless facility is enabled on the laptop (on my Dell Inspiron 9300 the key combination Fn F2 enables the wireless function).

Hertz Van Rentyl 18:53 21 May 06

Can you do anything in the "advanced" setup or is the laptop not talking to the router. Is your username and password absolutely correct.

Hertz Van Rentyl 19:06 21 May 06
  WOMAN HEAD 19:12 21 May 06

the laptop is talking to the router ok and the signal strenght is excellent,but I cannot remember the username and password ,I have spoken to my isp who went through the usual checks and advised I now have to ring wireless router helpdesk...........its closed today and open mon-fri 8am-6pm

Hertz Van Rentyl 19:28 21 May 06

Probably be OK when you lob in the right info, anyway good luck.( if you can find your documents it will be in there somewhere)

Mad Mick 20:15 21 May 06
  Mad Mick 20:18 21 May 06

Forgot to say BT Broadband do not use a user name.

alan9900 20:48 21 May 06

long time ago now but dose "admin" username and "admin" password ring any bells

Mad Mick 21:15 21 May 06

Had a senior moment during my last post. It should read "BT Broadband does not require a password, just a username.

lenc 19:10 22 May 06

You can reset the router to the original factory settings by using a paperclip to push in the small hole on the back (while it is switched on). You then go through the original setup. The Quick Start guide should help with this and BT should be able to give you any original ISP specific details you've forgotten. Remember that all settings, network name, WEP/WPA key, MAC list, etc. will be lost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…