BT Voyager 210 Setup

SantasLittleHelper 14:02 23 May 06

Hi all, I have just accquired a BT Voyager 210 router, but as I am not with Yahoo I am having a problem getting it set up and connected to my Isp (Pipex). Can anyone explain how to go about setting it up, if i use the CD that came with it it requires a BT Yahoo e-mail and password.

The Old Mod 14:37 23 May 06

Hi hope this helps. Start your internet browser and browse to voyager.home the config window should open, enter the username and password provided by your BB adsl provider then click connect.

Click advanced config and if prompted use admin for both user name and password.

wobblymike 14:41 23 May 06

as per The Old Mod above however what type of connection are you using on your modem is it ethernet or usb?

SantasLittleHelper 19:06 23 May 06

Hi, just back from work, I am using USB connection.

SantasLittleHelper 19:11 23 May 06

Hi again, I am having trouble finding voyager.home, can you point me in the right direction?

The Old Mod 20:05 23 May 06

Type voyager.home into your browser search bar and hit enter.

wobblymike 20:27 23 May 06

A BT 210 has an ethernet capability have you considered using? it is superior to USB and is a simple cable connection modem to PC. Even if you don't have an ethernet socket on your MOBO a PCI card to do the job is pennies on e bay.

To access the configuration page type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and hit return

SantasLittleHelper 20:34 23 May 06

Is ethernet the same as LAN?

SantasLittleHelper 20:45 23 May 06

Typed voyager.home into address bar and it takes me to Yahoo search page.

wobblymike 23:01 23 May 06

"Is ethernet the same as LAN?"

Not really LAN stands for Local Area Network Ethernet is a way you connect to it.

If you look at the back of your PC on the mobo input/output connections you will be able to see if you have an ethernet connection it looks a bit like a dial up modem connection but slightly bigger. If you haven't got one as I said before you can get a plug in pci card.

Many advantages of ethernet over pci one of them being you don't need to use the software provided by your ISP not such an issue if you're on Pipex although still significant, but a huge bonus if you use AOL

SantasLittleHelper 12:57 24 May 06

Hi, no I don't have an ethernet socket, but I would like to try and see if there is a speed boost using one. I will get hold of one and post back when I have installed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…