BT Voyager 210 Internet Access

randompunk 12:09 20 Apr 07

I just bought an unlocked BT Voyager 210, I got on the internet via ethernet connection but this is not what I bought it for. I wanted it connected by usb and to be recognised as a modem. But when I connect and install it as usb it is known by my computer as a network device. Previously I have been using a Speedtouch 330, is it because the BT Voyager is a modem/router that I cant install it and use it the same way as my Speedtouch 330?

Any help would be fantastic,

Cheers, Lee

randompunk 12:11 20 Apr 07

...Also is there much difference between an ethernet internet connection and usb internet connection.

anskyber 12:12 20 Apr 07

Have you installed the USB drivers for that unit?

anskyber 12:13 20 Apr 07

Drivers are here click here

anskyber 12:16 20 Apr 07

Ethernet v USB click here

randompunk 13:00 20 Apr 07

anskyber:

Thank you for your replies, I have installed the most up to date drivers for the modem and no joy, still installs as a network device. With regards to Ethernet, its seems to be more for networking and really I am just interested in general everyday use, with fast internet access via a modem.

My mum is with AOL and live in same area, has a bt voyager 110 I think. Her internet speed is roughly 7Mbps. I am with Demon with a Speedtouch 330 only on 4Mbps. I read that my modem is dated and probably not able to run any faster, I am on an upto 8Mbps service but don't know anyone else in my area with the same ISP so I cannot compare. Maybe I will borrow my mum's modem and see if it installs and is able to run on my computer. If not I may buy an unlocked modem same as hers, or consider changing my ISP.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac