bt voyager 2091 wireless router

wrfc_rabbit 20:21 06 Jun 06

what adapter do i require to connect my packard bell mit-gha20 laptop to the above router?? i have a bluetooth dongle but it doesnt pick it up! thought it might be possible to connect via the bluetooth but obviously unapplicable! i am such a noob with the wireless stuff!! need help asap

thanks peeps

mgmcc 20:39 06 Jun 06

Conventional wireless networking doesn't operate over Bluetooth, it uses the 802.11g wireless protocol.

You need to use an 802.11g Wireless Network Adapter (WiFi) which, for a laptop, can be either a PCMCIA card or a USB adapter. If it is a fairly new laptop, it may already be wireless enabled. Open the Network Connections folder and see if there is a "Wireless Network Connection" listed.

ade.h 20:41 06 Jun 06

click here Belongs there really.

Any wireless LAN adapter will suffice. A PCMCIA may offer slightly better reception (they have slightly larger aerials). If you use a USB adapter, make sure that you do not use the superfluous 3rd-party software; install it with *only* its driver (extract it from the product CD) and rely on Windows' WZC to control it. It's happier that way.

ade.h 20:44 06 Jun 06

click here I was quite impressed with this one when I installed on my neighbour's new PC recently. It picked up his router signal very well, and found mine as well. (Both houses have solid internal walls).

Bagsey 22:34 06 Jun 06

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…