Bt Voyager 2091 router

solouk 12:11 02 Feb 06

Hi

Please can someone help me, i have got a Bt Voyeger 2091 Router, however i have managed to connect the Router to my PC with no problems, the connection is wired. However i also have a laptop and have a Belkin network card, the card cannot pick the wireless signal at home, no matter what i try is cannot pick it up, but when i bring the laptop to work the belkin picks the with router signal with no problems. I have tried everything at home but with no joy. It did 1ce pick the signal from the router but the sinal lasted 5 secs. Please can someone advise me on this as i have contacted BT and they have said its a problem wiith my network and not theirs as the modem works.

Publisher 16:05 02 Feb 06

I have a BT Router and it works great with both desktop and laptop. I am no expert so I apologise if my response is not what you are looking for. (I remember the nightmare I had setting the system up!)

Have you set up the WEP key that protects the network, and which allows the laptop to identify the router signal?

Have you set the network up as 'open' or 'shared'?

If the WEP is setup and its is set to 'shared' it should work OK.

DRiM

solouk 16:08 02 Feb 06

how would i set the WEP to shared, where do i have to go?

wobblymike 18:56 02 Feb 06

this is from memory as I set one of these up a while ago

you have to set up the address of the modem and the address of the laptop wifi modem - you should find on the bottom of the BT modem a code which you have to enter to identify your network

you should have all this info with your instructions - I'm sorry it's a bit wooly bur as I said it's from memory hope it helps

solouk 07:57 03 Feb 06

ok il check thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…