BT Voyager 2091 + Belkin Network Card problems

Exzes 22:15 27 Jun 06

Hi,

I have recently tried to connect my PC to our wireless network, and I'm currently having slight problems...

I am using a BT Voyager 2091 wireless router with a Belkin G network card.

The problem I am having is, the wireless connection would not set up automatically, so I cancelled the Belkin software from running the connection, and use the Window CP Wireless Networking wizard to connect...which works. I can surf the internet. But there are two problems. I am unable to access websites such as HotMail and Yahoo. I am also unable to use programs other than web browsers to connect to the internet. Has anyone experienced this before, or someone that may be able to help?

Also, something which appears on the same lines. The BT Broadband comes with a supplised disk, that requires me to connect wirelessly to my router prior to running set-up. I am obviously connected to my router, as I can post this message, yet the set-up keeps telling me that I am not connected. Anyone experienced this before or knows how to fix it?

I don't want to do anything too drastic, as after 45 minutes talking to 'computer experts' from Belkin and BT's headquarters in what appear to be India, I gave up, fiddled around, and got the limited access that I have now, and doubt I could get it back if I lost it without a fix.

ade.h 22:20 27 Jun 06

Firewall issue (router, not the client). You'll have to read your manual in depth or wait for a Voyager expert for detailed advice on how to configure it correctly; I don't ever use Voyagers myself.

ade.h 22:21 27 Jun 06

Clarification: my response applies only to your first question. The second problem is less obvious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…