BT Voyager 2091 ADSL router

ThorPet 16:48 19 May 06

I have a BT Voyager 2091 WiFi ADSL router. After loads of problems with poor service I have ditched BT!

The problem I have is that the BT Voyager has firmware installed that will only allow you to use the unit with the BT service. The modem I have been given by the new service provider isn't WiFi enabled and the BT Voyager is!

Does anybody know a way around this problem... I want to avoid buying a new unit with WiFi as I already have one... but need to find away around the firmware!!

Any suggestions?

mgmcc 17:23 19 May 06

If the new "modem" is a basic USB modem and not a router, you will probably have to get a new wireless router.

If it is actually a new router, with a bit of fiddling you might be able to use your Voyager as a basic "Wireless Access Point" by disabling its DHCP server and connecting (one of) its ethernet LAN ports to one of the new router's LAN ports.

Unfortunately, the 2091 is supplied by BT as part of their broadband package and is "crippled" so that it only works with a BT Username - Wanadoo are guilty of the same invidious practice of locking their Livebox to their own service.

wobblymike 09:53 20 May 06

I had exactly the same problem and in spite of considerable effort was unable to overcome this problem. I ended up buying an unrestricted 2091 from e bay at a cost of £26.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…