BT Voyager 205 and Linksys WRT54G configuration.

Stoko 09:27 02 Feb 05

I am having problems setting up the Linksys wireless router WRT54G to work with my BT Voyager 205. I explained to the salesman in Staples that I had a 1Mb broadband from BT Yahoo via the Voyager 205 and wanted to connect a 2nd PC via wireless to share this internet connection and he said this Linksys model would work OK!!.
The problem seems to be the fact that there is now 2 routers involved both with a LAN address of 192.168.1.1, I have tried changing the Linksys to 192.168.1.5 but do I have to change the Linksys from DHCP to a static IP address and if so what values should I use ?
I cannot ping the Linksys from the main PC connected to the Voyagers USB port but can ping it via an ethernet cable from the main PC's network card port to one of the 4 LAN ports on the Linksys.

Stoko 22:13 02 Feb 05

Perhaps the easiest answer would be to exchange the WRT54G for a WAG54G and do away with the Voyager altogether.

Rioja 10:48 03 Feb 05

have a look at my diagrams here:

click here

This should give you some pointers.

Regards,
Rioja

Stoko 12:13 03 Feb 05

Rioja,

Many thanks I'll give it a go.

Best Regards,

Stoko

Stoko 12:32 10 Feb 05

Rioja,

Finally got around to trying it and worked a treat.

Many thanks once again,

Stoko

Rioja 12:38 10 Feb 05

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Rioja

db9987 20:30 21 Aug 05

Thank you sir - worked for me too after a frustrating few hours getting no help at all from Linksys !!

Nobby 2 17:39 06 Nov 05

I am quite unable to connect to my Tiscali Broadband service using a BT Voyager 205. The service works fine with modem supplied by Tiscali but this has only a USB output
Tiscali inform me that the only protocol type supported in the UK is PPPOA and I am wondering if this could be the problem since the 205 may use the PPPOE protocol.
Having established a link using the 205, I then wish to use the Linksys WRT54G router to link a second computer(cable) and a laptop(wireless).
Any advice you can give me will be extremely welcome.
I am not a novice in general computer experience but am very much of a beginner in trying to establish a broadband connection.
Best regards
[email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…