BT Voyager 205 and home networking

rabies 18:14 23 Apr 05

I am using the BT Voyager 205 router on my main computer using the ethernet connection and the usb connection on a second comp in the next room.The main comp is Xp home and the other is Me. According to press releases I am able to use this router as a home network as standard. I've tried using the MS home network wizard but the two computers don't seem to want to talk to each other. The Xp one sees the Me one but won't let me access it, and the Me one doesn't see the Xp one! Can someone give me a pointer in the right direction please?

selfbuild 18:18 23 Apr 05

What firewall are you using?

rabies 19:27 23 Apr 05

Selfbuild
I'm using Panda Titanium.

selfbuild 20:42 23 Apr 05

Have you tryed disabling the firewall on both PCs? and that includes XPs one if you havn't already done so....

rabies 22:48 23 Apr 05

No, I haven't, but I'll try that tomorrow. Sorry for the slow response. We've got friends round and I keep disappearing to get to my comp. You know how it is! I'll let you know when I've tried it. Thanks for your reply.

rabies 18:30 25 Apr 05

I disabled both firewalls but it didn't work. Never mind I'lljust try a normal network cable. Thanks for your help

BBez 11:01 03 Jun 06

hook the router into a switch and connect PC's there, USB is a pile of trouble with BT routers...

boots2 16:44 03 Jun 06

I had a 205 ADSL router, when I tried to network through it the BT install disk said unsupported.
You need a Modem router ,so I bought a netgear DG834 and can network O/K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…