Bt Voyager 205 asdl router help

sexychelle 03:24 29 Jun 05

am using the above asdl router from bt as I have 2mb broadband but I am having trouble and have done since day one about 2 months ago setting it up for p2p downloadingm
I am running win xp and have the router going on the pc socket for the internet thingy (sorry not good with names except bad ones at times!)
The problem is it dont hold the connection and says im behind a firwall when im not m ny freeserve althcal worked fine with the sites but this asdl one is just a nightmare,
any help in getting the ports sorted or whatever is needed would be grea I just do not know where to start with the thing and its annoying me now
Thanks for reading this and I am sorry if this is in the wrong bit but only joined tonight.

retep888 03:45 29 Jun 05

This may helpclick here

sexychelle 04:14 29 Jun 05

Have seen that page but can not male head or yale about it sorry im not pc stupid just router stupid!

rockerbilly 02:06 02 Jul 05

Try this link- obviously beware of opening up ports if unsure of outbound/inbound destination. A google search should help

click here

Forum Editor 08:55 02 Jul 05

to the USB port on the computer? In case you're not sure, USB ports take a flat cable connector. The connector will have a symbol on the plastic part - it looks like a little tree with three branches.

If your current router to computer connection is USB you should try using an Ethernet connection instead. Your computer will probably have what's called a NIC (Network Interface Card) installed - you can tell by looking at the back of the machine. First take a look at the back of the router - you'll see some telephone-type sockets, usually (but not always) there are four of them. Now look at the back of the computer for a similar socket.

Use the lead that should have come with the router, and connect it to one of the sockets on the router (it doesn't matter which one), and to the socket on the computer. Disconnect the USB lead that you're using now.

If you are already using the Ethernet cable to connect the two devices we'll try another way. Come back and let us know the situation.

sexychelle 18:10 02 Jul 05

I am using the port straight onto the motherboard so no usb used heard that be a major problem so thought it would be easy by using the motherboard nic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…