BT Voyager 2000 & Ethernet Connection

Thombus 20:57 06 May 03

I've set up a wifi netowrk at home however, when I tried to connect a computer using the erthernet connection on BT Voyager 2000s wireless modem the erthernet conncetion refuses to work.

The system recognises the LAN connection but when I try to connect to the internet I just get an 678 error message. I think there must be a active connection because icq activates but internet explorer refuses to recognise a connection...help!

eccomputers 21:59 06 May 03

Have you checked your internet settings for your connection. What operating system do you have.

Thombus 10:36 07 May 03

My operating system is windows XP home ed. I've double checked my internet connections which recognise the network card

rober32 11:51 07 May 03

1)-Make sure you have no firewall software running e.g. Norton, Macafee, Zonealarm etc (if you are using Zonealarm it would be better to remove it altogether and then reinstall after you are getting connected and getting web pages)

2)-Open Internet Explorer and type in the address bar 192.168.1.1 Does the control panel open ? If it does then, under Action, click on Connect---enter admin for username and admin for password and click OK (this is to gain access to the control panel settings)---enter your Broadband username and password (if required) if all is ok then it should show ShowTime next to DSL Line status and disconnect under action. Close down Internet Explorer and then re-open it. You should now be able to get web pages.
If you cannot access the Voyager control panel or get web pages then check the following options.

3)-At the top of Internet Explore click on tools/internet options/security---click on the Internet option and make sure it is set to default level. Click on the content tab and make sure it is not enabled. Click on the Connections tab. Make sure there is a dot in Never Dial a Connection. Click on the LAN Settings tab and make sure the only option selected is Automatically detect settings. Apply any changes that you make, close down Internet Explorer and then reopen it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…