BT Voyager 1065 Wireless laptop adapter

curls 15:10 06 Jan 06

I have installed BT Voyager 2091 wireless router on my laptop. Then installed BT Voyager wireless 1065 laptop adapter. I managed to connect to internet wirelessly, however, I do not have the green utility icon in the system tray. I have gone to control panel, clicked on BT Voyager Utility to tick box to show icon, but keep getting the message 'internal configuration inconsistent restart computer to fix problem'. When I restart I still have the same problem. Also, BT Voyager 2091 does not show up in the 'add and remove programmes'. Please help.

mgmcc 18:58 06 Jan 06

<<< I have gone to control panel, clicked on BT Voyager Utility to tick box to show icon, but keep getting the message 'internal configuration inconsistent restart computer to fix problem'. >>>

When you go into the Network Connections folder, right click the Wireless Network Connection and select "View Available Wireless Networks", is it Windows own software that scans for networks or the third-party software supplied with the adapter?

If it is Windows, this means that the Wireless Zero Configuration service is running which will disable the other software.

If necessary, the Wireless Zero Configuration service can be stopped by right clicking My Computer, selecting Manage and, in the window that opens, clicking the [+] beside "Services and Applications" to expand it. Highlight Services and, in the right pane, scroll down to Wireless Zero Configuration. There should be a link to "Stop" the service or you can double click the entry and click the Stop button.

<<< Also, BT Voyager 2091 does not show up in the 'add and remove programmes'. >>>

You don't *INSTALL* a router in a PC so there is no program to uninstall. A router is a network device that you connect to by ethernet, either with a "wired" connection or "wirelessly".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac