Bt Voyager 105 Modem Problems

albu 21:28 19 Jun 06

I have xp win home, aol silver broadband and with BT Voyager 105 modem.

From today my modem can start okay but then after approx 20 mins it goes to training mode to no signal then cuts off. It sometimes stays off or can be rectified if I log off from aol.

During a training mode state, I changed the original dsl cable with a replacement and it turned okay. I then re-fitted the original dsl cable and it remained okay? Could the original dsl cable still be faulty?

Dsl cable was recently lifted due to new carpet being fitted. I was wondering if the cable may have snapped.

Aol advised me to change the modem driver and reinstall it, I did and it's still the same.

Any help, please? I'm totally lost on this.
Thanks!

rdave13 00:29 20 Jun 06

If you have uninstalled the old drivers and installed new drivers and replaced the dsl cable then you could try going to control panel > add/remove > AOL connectivity service and click on add/remove > this bring up a window to remove or repair. Click on the repair box. You will need to reboot and then it will go through the proccess of searching for the modem etc. You'll need to do this offline.

InkyJones 12:09 14 Oct 06

I have Windows Me , aol Silver Broadband and the BT Voyager 105 modem.

Everything was running fine for a year and then, I kept loosing DSL signal and the modem was in training state.

Removed drivers and added them and on numerous occassions, as advised by AOL.

FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE AND THE PROBLEM HAS SOLVED,
maybe some one should tell the AOL advisers to give this info to the customers !!

feb 17:35 14 Oct 06

Keyword "one click fixes"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…