BT Voyager 100 Modem, Pain in the a**e

Fullywired 15:38 08 Aug 05

Hey Guys!

This modem is giving me nothing but trouble! i am triple booting Windows XP SP2, Windows XP x64 Edt. and the new Windows Vista Beta 1. however, only one of these operating system (32-Bit XP) will let me go online! even under compatibility mode, i cannot install the Modem on either of the other two OS's. the only response i can get from BT is "sorry, we do not curently support your operating system" As if i didn't work that out! do i have to sit and wait until BT decide to support Vista and x64 Edt. or is there another way without using a router?

pk470 16:59 08 Aug 05

Sorry not much help but i know there are a number of problems with 64Bit usage perhaps you have jumped on the 64bit wagon to early.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:06 08 Aug 05

It's not just BT, driver support for 64bit operating systems is still very limited for most types, and manufacturers, of hardware.

Fullywired 18:36 08 Aug 05

i realize the problem for 64-Bit, however, i would much like to use Vista as a main Operating System it make sure that i can find most of the major bugs that i will come accross. but i cannot do this without a connection, i would much like to get the security updates although i suppose without an internet connection that would be rather pointless! i'm the sort of person that likes to keep up to date with things! (hence having Vista and x64 in the first place)

Mr Mistoffelees 20:09 08 Aug 05

Being not quite up to date can make things a little easier though :-)

Fullywired 20:21 08 Aug 05

yes so i see! thanks for the help anyway! if you guys help me then i dont know anywhere that can! i'll leave the topic for afew days then mark it as resolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…