BT Vision

mike40 09:57 30 Sep 08

Hi All

does anybody have BT vision and what are your thoughts on it. I am on broadband option 3 and have just been offered a deal on the above. I have sky+ at the moment and as it continues to go up in price I am considering BTvision. However unless I have missed something I find it impossible to get anybody at BT to tell me exactly what I get for a my money apart from the freeview channel which I already get through my TV

rawprawn 10:13 30 Sep 08

See if this helps. Your lucky we can't even get Freeview here until 2011

rawprawn 10:14 30 Sep 08

Sorry forgot the link click here

mike40 10:46 30 Sep 08

Hi rawprawn.

Thanks for that link. It has helped at lot

iarno 10:55 30 Sep 08

I've had BT Vision for a year now and i'm happy with it. If you go for it go for the self install option, it is easy to set up.
Not had any probs so far. (thats tempting fate !!!!!!!!!).

hope all goes well.

I

mike40 12:05 30 Sep 08

Hi iarno

I have been looking at the link given by rawprawn and it says the box should be connected to the home hub via and ethernet cable. My hub is some distance from the TV. Can it not be done wirelessly.

iarno 13:00 30 Sep 08

mike40
In the self install kit you will be supplied with 2 special homeplugs and instruction on how to connect them. You connect one homeplug to a three pin electic socket near your hub and then to your hub (cable attached to homeplug) and the other to a three pin electric socket near your telly and then to your Vision Box (again cable attached). there is no danger of electocution. what you will need is a spare socket near your hub and one near your telly. The homeplugs will be your ethernet connections. this sends the data via the home wiring circuit. Hope this helps. If not get back again.

I.

mike40 13:38 30 Sep 08

Thanks again iarno

That does help a great deal and will make it easier to set up.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…