bt very unhelpful with my problems

davie boy 09:28 31 Oct 06

Hi, I have BT Broadband as my internet provider starting up with them last March 2006 Ive had problems on and off with them now I find my Outlook Express only allows me to receive emails but would not open any of them I was over the course of 2 nights liaising with their staff in India for 3 hours altogether with no solutions and speaking to them for 1hr 40mins last Saturday it wasn't solved then they stating that they were going to speak to a technician at Microsoft and come back to me on Monday.
They came back to me lunch time yesterday for another 50mins and still couldnt solve it each time using remote assistance I spoke to my friend and he told me to use PC Advisors forum stating that someone there could determin wether Outlook Express was a part of BTs Broadband and would be liable as the fault would be there's or even clear up my problem with Outlook Express.

Im am a pensioner aged 68 yrs so you can see Im not that clued up with the going ons of Outlook Express but try.
I look forward to someones help and advise because if the fault is down to BT I feel I'm in my rights to cancel the contract I have with them and go elserwhere.

Yours Truly David Jordan

Sic 09:31 31 Oct 06

To give everyone the best chance of helping, could you provide some more details please? What operating systeme do you use, are you using a router or a USB modem? Did outlook express work ok until recently? What error code do you get when you try and send emails?

Sic 09:32 31 Oct 06

Try this link to make sure your settings in outlook are correct: click here

davie boy 09:48 31 Oct 06

Hi sIC I have Windows XP - a BT Voyager 2500v Wireless ADSL Voice Router - Im ok sending emails and receiving them, its when I try to open them ie:open a www. up or click on any part to open up I get no response other than that there is no error code

VoG II 09:51 31 Oct 06

Try this click here - it applies to Outlook Express as well.

davie boy 10:02 31 Oct 06

Hi sIC I have Windows XP - a BT Voyager 2500v Wireless ADSL Voice Router - Im ok sending emails and receiving them, its when I try to open them ie:open a www. up or click on any part to open up I get no response other than that there is no error code

p;3 10:02 31 Oct 06

bookmarking; as others have said, I think it is a wrong setting in your Outlook express that may be causing this as you are managing to download the mails to your pc ; you have not said when this started and if you have changed any settings on your pc;

p;3 10:11 31 Oct 06

When you have your web browser open ( that means any page from the internet, such as this one so you are "browsing the web"); go to the top of it and look for the tools tab ; left mouse click and scroll down to internet options, left mouse click, click on the programs tab and you should see in the e mail section that Outlook express is shown as the client to use; is that what you have showing?

davie boy 13:06 31 Oct 06

Hi Ive had this problem for the past few weeks and no settings have been changed by me not to say if person in India who took over my screen with remote assistance has changed anything also done what you asked and outlook express is shown as the client to use hope this is what you wanted to know

VoG II 13:07 31 Oct 06

Did you try my link posted at 09:51 ?

wee eddie 13:50 31 Oct 06

between Outlook Express(OE) which does your e-mails, and Internet Explorer (IE) which allows you to surf the Internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…