BT Vault Uploader

Jonah(without the whale) 21:21 25 Oct 07

Hi folks.
Now I'm happy with BT, and I am trying to use BT Vault. I can use the minimal uploader where you have to do 5 individual files at a time, but I want to use the flash uploader to do whole folders. I have Java loaded (some help from PC advisor came in handy) butI still cannot see the uploadedr
BT have advised that I need to disable any firewall and antivirus software, which reluctantly I tried but it made no diffirence.
Has anyne any idea why I cannot see the uploader?
Cheers

Technotiger 21:27 25 Oct 07

Hi, I also use BT but I would personally not have anything at all to do with the BT Vault - it really is nothing but trouble. You would do much better having an external usb harddrive and use Acronis to backup everything to that drive. Even if you did manage to put anything into the Vault, you would I am pretty sure, have a lot of trouble trying to retrieve your stuff again.

Technotiger 21:30 25 Oct 07

I have just done a quick Google - so you can see it is not just me ...

click here

Not getting at BT, I have been with them for years and am very happy with my service ... but not the Vault !!

Technotiger 21:30 25 Oct 07

I have just done a quick Google - so you can see it is not just me ...

click here

Not getting at BT, I have been with them for years and am very happy with their service ... but not the Vault !!

Technotiger 21:31 25 Oct 07

Apologies for the double post - sticky fingers tonight :-)

Jonah(without the whale) 22:34 25 Oct 07

Thanks for your response. I've been playing and found that although I can't see the flash uploader, if you create a folder for documents say, then you can load multiple files quite easily.
So, the vault, for me, seems quite good. After your comments I will wait until I give my final judgement, but in fairness, create a folder, load some documents - there they are and easily downloadable back to my machine again - it seems wrong to say the service is no good. I'm peeved at no flash loader, but since it is doing what I want, then I'm happy.
Cheers

Jonah(without the whale) 19:42 11 Nov 07

I am now thiniking of "vaulting" music I have downloaded into BT vault, becasue the foldr seems to be working OK.
Not really understanding how music licenses work, does anyione know if the licenses will also be stored? I don't seem to be ablwe to seem them at all, so have assumed they are contained within the music file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now