bt total broadband

kench 20:59 16 Dec 08

switched broadband from tesco to bt total broadband 3 months ago and just recieved my bt phone bill and on it they want me to pay for the next 3 months broadband now, along with my phone bill they never told me when i spoke to them about i would have to pay in advance thought i would be paying monthly for my bb as i gave them my direct debit details! can anyone shed any light on this mater
i am in an 18 month contract with them what would happen if i tried to change 'isps'
any advice appreciated thank you.

Technotiger 21:10 16 Dec 08

I also have BT Total Broadband - advance payment is normal procedure, I have been doing so for years. I don't find it a problem. The broadband payment is just part of your normal quarterly bill, which includes phone calls etc.

Fingees 22:21 16 Dec 08

If you try to change ISP within the 18 months, like any other contractor, you will have to pay any money due to the end of contract.

You will then receive a MAC to enable you to change.

I've been with BT for a couple of years or so. and very happy with them.

Zeppelyn 22:22 16 Dec 08

It changed a while ago, I know I used to pay by DD when I was on the old option 4 but when I renewed was moved to option 3 and now on phone bill but not a broblem as thats DD anyway.

Switcher 00:42 17 Dec 08

Although your BT bill for Broadband and Rental charges is charged Quarterly in advance. You can still pay monthly by DD. In fact if you do not your bill will be higher.

tullie 01:09 17 Dec 08

Normal practise,if you pay your bill quartely you wont get another till next quarter will you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant