BT TOTAL BROADBAND

vectradam 21:23 02 Jul 08

im on virgin cable at the moment and am thinking of changing to bt total broadband. with my cable broadband i only click on the desktop icon and the internet is there. with the BT will it have to go through the lengthy process of connecting or will it also be up and running instantly

MarvintheAndroid 21:31 02 Jul 08

If you use an ADSL modem it will need to dial, but very quick - usually just dials 0. If you use a router it is always on.

Note you will need a different router for ADSL.

Marv

RobCharles1981 21:34 02 Jul 08

Before you start jumping the gun abit here you would be advised from me to check out the reviews about them on click here

Go Samknows at the link below fill in the blanks what services can you get at your exchange?

click here

What modem router do you have?

Line Stats would be helpful also go here to find them:

click here

And paste them when you reply.

If Sam Knows says you can't get any LLU providers I would strongly recommend joining Falconnet who are an Entanet Reseller, 30 Day Contracts, 8mb Speeds generous usage allowances, UK Based Support recomended usage 30/300 for £19.99 a month you really cannot go wrong.

If you stupidly sign up with BT and something goes wrong do you want to put up with India blabbering on at you in Robot Talk?

Nope

Join Falconnet Today!

click here

Go for it!!

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:41 02 Jul 08

the BT Home Hub you will be connected all the time, the web is there in an instant. I went from BTYahoo to BT TotalBB and have never had a problem with them.

vectradam 23:04 02 Jul 08

these seem cheap and get good reviews, anyone got any experience

RobCharles1981 23:10 02 Jul 08

Go here first as I said previously

click here

Technotiger 23:20 02 Jul 08

I have used BT Total Broadband for some time - I know a lot of people knock BT Broadband, but IMHO they are excellent. If you sign up for BT Total Broadband you will be supplied free of charge with the BTHome Hub. If you do opt for this service, make sure they give you Version 1.5 of the Home Hub plus the Free BT Talk hand-set, NOT Version 1.0.

The BT Home Hub is the easiest thing in the World to set-up, you do NOT even need to use the supplied CD! Just connect it up as per the simple instructions, and Go!

Technotiger 23:22 02 Jul 08

PS - Once set-up you will have Instant on-line access, and the Hub should be left permanently on at all times - even after closing down and switching off your pc, as I do each night.

vectradam 23:28 02 Jul 08

sam knows says we can get 02 / be llu in my area. we seem to be very lucky as the coverage in our area is otherwise very thin on the ground

thanks

RobCharles1981 00:37 03 Jul 08

That all depends on your current line stats on what speeds you may be able to get.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…