BT Sub Accounts, POP3 & Outlook - going bonkers

Diggory 21:06 03 Apr 05

Have been using Outlook2003/POP3 to access my BTinternet/yahoo email - no problems. Have set up a sub account and can access / send no problems. The bit that is driving me bonkers is that it will keep down loading old messages - and the only way I can stop this is to delete them off the BT server which I would sooner not do. Any suggestions gratefully received.
D:-)

octal 21:54 03 Apr 05

I don't use Outlook 2003 but there usually is a box to untick which says leave messages on server, I'm sure someone should be able to tell you were it is, if not go through your settings.

Lionheart ? 22:11 03 Apr 05

Open Outlook go to Tools,

Open Outlook,

Tools,

E-Mail Accounts,

View and change existing e-mail accounts,

Click next,

Choose e-mail account,

Click change,

Click more settings,

Click Advanced see if there is a tick in leave copy of message on the server take it out if there is.

Diggory 20:06 04 Apr 05

Thanks both but was hoping to do this without deleting from server as would like to leave emails there as a back-up.
Is there another way - seems a bit naff if there isn’t D:-)

brambles 20:27 04 Apr 05

If you create a new folder on the Mail Server called say Old Emails & move everything you don't want to download into this folder your backup is secure. It won't be in the Inbox so it won't be downloaded to your computer.

Brambles

VoG II 20:31 04 Apr 05

Automatic backup click here

Then you can untick the option to leave them on the server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…