From BT to Sky for broadband + phone Pitfalls?

compumac 19:15 04 Aug 08

I currently have the full Sky package with the exception of broadband and telephone. I am with BT Openworld for broadband and telephone.
As a retired person I am looking at cutting costs and find that I can have Sky Broadband with upto 8mb for £5 a month and unlimited phone calls for £5 a month with a line rental of £10 a month. Set charge of £25. Making a total of £20 a month and one charge of £25.

What are the pitfalls? it is too good.

MAT ALAN 19:19 04 Aug 08

What are the pitfalls? apart from a config problem with outlook express (sorted) absolutely none!!!!

well not for me anyway...

compumac 19:30 04 Aug 08

That is the problem I am not aware of any problems - that in itself is a problem.

bluto1 20:40 04 Aug 08

I too am looking to minimise my financial outgoings. I've recently returned to BT for 24/7 phone coverage, 1st 3 months free then about £5.50 pm plus line rental £10.50. I'll have to look at your Sky set up to see where I've missed out. Who are you paying line rental to?

compumac 20:44 04 Aug 08

Line rental paid to Sky. But I do have the full Sky package and therefore that is why Broadband etc is charged at the rates mentioned.

compumac 08:17 05 Aug 08

Anyone with this package?

^wave^ 08:23 05 Aug 08

i went from pipex to sky full package and it was easy i got a change over date and then the sky modem turned up and on the change over date i was connected by the time i got home from work. i now get great speeds which hardly vary through out the day. thanks sky again with the telephone no probs

dms_05 08:40 05 Aug 08

If you are a Sky customer then you can have free broadband and free telephone calls (evenings/weekends). It's as simple as that.

I've been a customer for Sky services for about a year and opted for free broadband and free phone calls. I plugged in the router, connected the cable and it worked. Ignore the Sky CD.

I have Sky TV (2 packages), Sky Broadband and Sky Talk for £17/month. I still pay BT for line rental but will be changing to Sky once my minimum BT 12 month period is over.

In addition you can add more TV packages and for +£5/month can call almost any destination worldwide 24/7. If you need more broadband bandwidth then you can upgrade for +£5/month. But the basic Sky packages delivers TV/Broadband/Telephone for about the same as BT deliver broadband.

compumac 08:52 05 Aug 08

BT claim that they use local loop unbunderling an inference that Sky do not. What are the implications of this?

compumac 17:03 05 Aug 08

That I believe should read unbundling?

compumac 20:31 05 Aug 08

Anyone else?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…