BT Service

Chas49 12:43 19 Jul 10

Having seen many complaints of poor service I would like to report good service from BT.

Late last evening I tried to get on the ‘net and failed to do so – no connection (the first in 18 months). Looking at the BTHub (v2) I could see that the broadband icon was glowing red. After all the checks for loose leads etc and finding that all was as it should be I changed the filter, still no joy, tried a phone in the socket – that was OK, in the ADSL – same. Restarted the hub, no difference. Reset the hub –same.

In desperation I rang 0800 111 4567 – was greeted by a young Indian lady who, after directing me to go through the same procedure told me to ring off and she would test the line. 10 minutes later she rang back to say that there was a fault in the exchange – that she would report this to the engineers and I should hear from them within 48 hours. As it was late I went to bed.

This morning when I came downstairs I could see that the Hub had four blue lights and found that it was now working OK. Later on this morning I had a follow up call from BT asking for my mobile number in case I had further trouble and informing me that they would be moinitoring the connection for the next five days.

I’ve always been satisfied with the service I get from BT. I have no idea whether this was an Indian Call Centre or not – both ladies were Indian and had an accent we associate with these centres – but I cannot complain if that is what it was for you couldn’t improve on the service I received! Well Done BT!

northumbria61 13:21 19 Jul 10

I would agree entirely with your comments - I have had BT for the past 15 months (HomeHub V2) and I am totally satisfied with the service I receive.
I have not had any problems since the day it was connected.

I believe their Call Centre is CURRENTLY located in India but BT plan to return call centre jobs to the UK - latest 16th July - click here

Cymro. 15:10 19 Jul 10

I have had a BT line for the past 40 years and broadband for the last 4 years and never had any problems with either. Many critics of BT complain on this Forum but as for myself I will stick with them, better the devil you know etc.

Technotiger 15:12 19 Jul 10

I agree with all the above, I have always had very good service from BT.

The Old Mod 16:36 19 Jul 10

I've been with BT broadband for 6 years and when I've had a problem the response has been quick with follow up calls to check all was OK, can't fault them.

Chas49 18:28 19 Jul 10

Glad to hear that my experience was not an isolated one. I think that we sometimes appear to accept that bad service is the norm. BT have tried, in the past, to improve their servicef by means of a questionairre and then to have put the results into actual effect. Now, if only they could rid thenselves of the menu system when making a call, say, to 150. To hear a human response would work wonders, but, in this day and age, perhaps I ask too much?

mooly 18:46 19 Jul 10

Same for me... excellent all round, and outstanding when I had a speed issue after they upgraded the line. Sent me a new HH and followed up with courtesy calls etc. I can't really fault them on the few occasions I have contacted them.

ams4127 19:46 19 Jul 10

Me too. An Indian gentleman took control of my PC and restored it's ability to sign in to my email account. Most impressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…