BT Privacy Online

Angry Kid 22:56 18 Sep 05

Hi everyone,

Please can someone help my father with a query?

He has recntly downloaded the above program on to his laptop. However, when he uses Skype he is presented with pop ups from the above program. It is informing him that the following numbers are trying to dial out.

He regulary trawls his pc with the usual Anti Spyware / AntiVirus progs and everything shows up clean.

Does anyone have any idea as to what this could be?

LAP 19:47 19 Sep 05

Haven't got a clue, but perhaps if this is the site click here you mat be able to help him

LAP 19:50 19 Sep 05

This costs £5.25 per quarter, including VAT. I had signed up for this until I got broadband.

oursoulsdad 22:03 19 Sep 05

Angry Kid - that is the point of the package your father has subscribed to. BT state it protects your PC from being hijacked and dialling out on premium lines without your permission. All you have to do is open the PT programme and permit that number in future.

oursoulsdad 22:03 19 Sep 05

- slippery fingers

Angry Kid 19:54 20 Sep 05

Thanks for your replies.

I appreciate that this is what the program is all about. However, I was wondering if anyone else had come across this while using Skype, and if so, are the numbers generated through the Skype software?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…