BT pre-registration scheme: Your website needs you

PC Advisor. 14:55 14 Apr 03

Hi folks,

Is there anyone out there who has registered with BT's 'let's sniff out pockets of broadband demand?'

If so, what level has your trigger been set at and how close are you to hitting the trigger level?

Also, are any of you out there actively involved in any local campaigns to try and raise awareness of the pre-registration scheme and the importance of hitting the trigger.

(Apologies in advance to those of you who live in areas that haven't been picked up on BT's radar.)

cracker23 15:08 14 Apr 03

Yes,I registered a couple of months ago.The trigger level was 350 but has now been reduced to 250.Have just checked & it's at 190.I live in Plymouth.

PC Advisor. 16:25 14 Apr 03

Thanks cracker23,

With any luck you should be up and running by the summer.

Any more, for any more?

Has anyone actually had their exchange enabled as a direct result of the scheme?

AlanL 16:44 14 Apr 03

I registered about 3 months ago. The trigger level was 400, there are about 240 expressed interest. Reading the letter from cracker23, any idea why trigger levels are at different levels throughout the country? Also, why do BT keep advertising the service, and even making incentive offers, when the service is not available to a lot of people who are interested and want it. I live in Wigan.

Thanks, hope you can do something.

Alan

anchor 16:58 14 Apr 03

I have a cousin living in Ebbw-Vale, (South Wales). As a result of registering interest and local lobbying, their exchange is being enabled this month.

Djohn 17:58 14 Apr 03

Registered last summer.

Trigger level set at 400.

Jan. this year, site showed 500.

Printed off twenty forms from site, and posted all locally in shops, and community hall, Doctors surgery. Etc.

Present time, site has been taken down, and can't get access to figures, but no word from BT.

Rikku 18:17 14 Apr 03

I registered a while back but we live in a small village so we only have 75 on our lists. no trigegr point. but the town next door to us has a trigegr point of 350 (i think) and they are about 30 off their target my exchange is penmaenmawr and their exchange is aberconwy.

I would like to get involved in a scheme but dont know where to start.

woodchip 18:22 14 Apr 03

Penistone Nr Sheffield The grammar School is wanting to go BB but it needs about 30 to trigger. Cost is too much for me I am Pensioner

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:26 14 Apr 03

Sunny downtown Nailsworth-Sur-Mer needed 350 souls to sign on the dotted line for BB. BT knew that this was a large amount for the size of the place but we took the bull by the horns as it were.
There was a concerted campaign led by the worlds' best website ;-)) click here combined with blackmail, cajouling, violence, psychological warfare, a spamming campaign that made the Pr0n boys seem like amateurs, lewd suggestions and me offering to run along the A46, towards Bath, sans clothing, at midday.

On March 25th the trigger level was hit and BT kindly informed us that we get connected to the 21st century on June 25th and would I refrain from the sprint as their chairman + wife have a residence near here ;-))).

Leaflets, website (freebie will do) and spam emails are de rigueur if anyone wants to raise awareness of BB and it helps to mention that registering costs de nada, zippo, zilch, nowt whilst a stay in the local Hospital can be expensive.

G

MAJ 18:32 14 Apr 03

For Armagh - N.Ireland.

Threshold = 350 or 400 depending on where you look.

Current Registrations = 238

Looks like it'll be another year at least, PCA.

click here

PurplePenny 19:05 14 Apr 03

We are already on an ADSL exchange .. or as the BT website so invitingly phrases it:

"Good news! You could soon be enjoying high speed, 'always on' broadband internet ........This exchange has broadband (ADSL) technology. The broadband products' download speeds available to order are up to 10 times faster than a standard dial-up modem."

They do mention that availability is subject to survey, but they fail to mention that we are over 5km from the exchange which means that we won't get fast speeds that others can.

It's too expensive anyway, no way that Kev and I could afford it.

PurplePenny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…