BT or Belkin Router

SURVEY 19:29 02 Jan 10

Ima thinking of shortly changing my Broadband ISP from Orange to BT. Many problems with Orange over the years but reduced speed is one at several times of the day; this may still happen with BT but I am hoping less frequently.

At present I am using a Belkin N Wireless router that performs well. Would the BT router be any better or should I keep with what I have?

mgmcc 20:28 02 Jan 10

BT will probably provide you with a router (BT Home Hub?) but there is no reason why you cannot continue to use your Belkin N Wireless router if that's your preference.

SURVEY 20:55 02 Jan 10

mgmcc - the point I was trying to make was would one be a better performer than the other?

MAJ 21:13 02 Jan 10

If BT's Homehub is also N standard (rather than G) then they should both operate similarly, although I suspect (not being too familiar with the Homehub) the Belkin router will be more configurable and certainly more useful later when you move to a cheaper provider than BT.

SURVEY 23:18 02 Jan 10

MAJ - My thoughts exactly. Unless anyone knows different? Am I likely to get more consistent speed with BT than with Orange,as presumably BT sets the broadband width for each ISP? Maybe BT will expand its bandwidth if more use sign up to BT?

Graham. 23:56 02 Jan 10

Go for TalkTalk.

SURVEY 11:21 03 Jan 10

Can anyone respond to my comment to MAJ?

Fingees 11:25 03 Jan 10

I've been with BT now for a number of years.

Even if you don't want to use it initially, it's worth getting the home hub for free, in case you ever want to use it it would then cost £88.

I use the hub, and I now use it to receive BT Vision,pay as you go, with built in hard drive & Freeview.

Once you have the hub, there are various packages.
of BT Vision

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now