BT Openworld upgrading to BT Yahoo! Internet

anchor 17:37 01 Feb 04

Like many others, I have a "pay-as-you-go" account with BT internet. Whilst BT is no longer my main ISP, I still use them for my principal e-mail address, dialling in to BT once a week or so.

I have received an e-mail from BT stating that they are upgrading to BT Yahoo, and I should go to

click here

to register the upgrade. So far, so good. However, it seems that this method will require me to download the BT Internet software, which I do NOT wish to do. I originally set up the details manually in Internet Options, connections. Will I still be able to connect using this dial up, after the upgrade changes at BT?.

Lionheart ? 17:50 01 Feb 04

Yes I did that, the details are

Incoming mail:- mail.btinternet.com
Out going :- mail.btinternet.com

or use their web base email click here

anchor 08:14 02 Feb 04

Thanks for your reply. Will the dial-up number for PAYG remain the same?, i.e. 0845.7560000

dth 09:44 02 Feb 04

Don't bother downloading the software just carry on as you are. The telephone number, email pop and stmp details are the same.

The only think you have to watch is the spam filter. This is really good but you do need to check your email using the web address just to make sure that no geninue email has been incorrectly marked as spam.

As you no longer use BT as your main ISP don't bother using their dial-up number - just use your current ISP to check for your BT email. The only exception is that you do need to use your BT dial-up number once every 90 days to keep the ISP account active.

anchor 09:53 02 Feb 04

Thank you dth and Lionheart?. Thats exactly what I wanted to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…