BT Openworld NetHelp

-pops- 11:25 29 Jul 03

I am on BT O/World Home 500 and through the post this morning I received a disk named as above which claims to be "BT Openworld's automated technical support software" which will test my PC and my connection and even fix problems for me.

As some here will know, I am not one for installing unnecessary software so, has anyone on BT O/W installed this? Does it do what it says? Is it worth while installing or is it another bird scarer/drinks mat?

Thanks

Brian

Kudu 11:42 29 Jul 03

This has been available as a download on the BT Openworld site for quite some time and you can click on a demo.I think it is to cut down on the no.. calls to the help line.Never used it but may be useful if a problem occured with connection as it resets it to default.

-pops- 18:27 29 Jul 03

Thanks for that.

No-one actually installed from disk and tried this then or am I the only one to have received it?

velodrome 18:47 29 Jul 03

Looked at the BT openworld site, I couldn't see any sign of "BT Openworld's automated technical support software". Could you say where please.

-pops- 21:12 29 Jul 03

It came through the post this morning.

dth 22:04 29 Jul 03

If your p/c is working fine (internet and email wise) don't bother with it.

-pops- 06:28 30 Jul 03

Yes, that is my general philosophy with most things!

I'll put it in a box and keep it for a while.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…