BT Openworld Mailboxes

brambles 21:43 14 Mar 04

So what am I doing wrong?

I thought that individual users could have their own settings, My Documents & Email.So I set up a mailbox in my wife's OE settings.

We are on normal dial up connection - not Broadband.

I logged on in the normal way - went into Outlook Express & read my email. I also sent five test emails to my wife.

I then switched user went into my wife's user settings and accessed her Outlook Express. I clicked on Send/Receive but the five test messages were not downloaded. All I kept getting was a small box;

'Logon email Please enter your user name & password for the following server'

It alredy contains my wife's user name & ***** and when I click OK it just repeats the same dialogue box. What am I doing wrong or missing.

Does her user account have to be set to administrator level for this function?

mikef. 21:53 14 Mar 04

From BT service status
Mail authentication problem
We are currently investigating an intermittent problem with authentication on our mail servers,where some users may have difficulty accessing their email accounts.Please bear with us as we endeavour to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Meanwhile we apologise for any inconvenience

They've had this problem for 4 days now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…