//some 3rd party need geo

BT Openworld - Google

jim1947 13:24 23 Jan 04

I use BT Openworld Anytime Yahooo, and I cannot access the Google Website. Is anyone else getting this problem, and are BT Yahoo blocking access for the obvious reason?

wee eddie 13:33 23 Jan 04

I had put it down to bt's legendary inefficiency, as their home page was almost impossible to access as well.

gold 47 13:35 23 Jan 04

No problem at my end (Wirral area)
Turn your firewall off for a few seconds and see if you can open the page if you can then your firewall settings want changing i assume you have downloaded the BT Yahoo software.

jim1947 13:42 23 Jan 04

I have the yahoo software and can access the BT Yahoo homepage, and anywhere else I want to go, except Google (including Alta Vista, Jeeves etc), and I have tried disabling my firewall (Norton 2004), but still can't get to Google.

Lionheart ? 13:54 23 Jan 04

I got to Google Website using BT-Yahoo homepage with no problems.

Am in the same area as (gold 47)though.

jim1947 13:58 23 Jan 04

okay, seems some can and some can't. I'll close this now, thanks for your replies.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:01 23 Jan 04

Try the google tool bar search from any page it should open up in google.

Regards.

Dan 14:47 23 Jan 04

You and me both sir,

click here

I've had this since last friday on a erratic basis. The BT helpline seem to believe it's an IE settings issue, but I think it's something else as I also face this flaw in Mozilla, and it may even tag to the Google adsense adverts on some sites.

AubreyS 14:59 23 Jan 04

Have you tried all Google sites? click here

click here

click here

BBez 15:02 23 Jan 04

also cannot access google. Further, if i attempt to change settings in tools, internet options, i get a restrictions dialogue box stating that "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact system admin". I've ran an AV scan which found nothing and am logged on with Admin rights...

thisisnighthawk 15:11 23 Jan 04

is it not another case of, they "BT&Yahoo" have still not got it right, the day BT and Yahoo teamed up i put the lot in, what a mistake that was, it made a mess of most things, Got in touch with BT, who said they were trying to sort the problems out.........anyway, i took the lot out, and now would not go near it..

read some of this lot..

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…