BT Openworld

brambles 21:33 16 Jan 04

BT Openworld is my home page but suddenly since yesterday it will not load. This wasn't a problem because I could use the drop down address bar & go to any other web site I had previously accessed & this happens immediately.

I cannot imagine this is a BT problem but i am now concerned because whilst I know I have 6 messages to download I am getting the 'POP Server failing to respond after...' and although I wait nothing happens & I have to close down.

Any ideas anyone?

Brambles

Lionheart ? 22:02 16 Jan 04

See if you can get emails click here

VoG II 22:49 16 Jan 04

"it will not load" - what actually happens? Do other web sites load if you type them into the address bar or select them from your Favorites?

Quiller. 23:05 16 Jan 04

Have the same problem here but can get my e-mails from outlook express 6. It also would not load google, either .com or co.uk. Btopen world has a google search engine on it's main page.

Dan has the same problem with google
click here

Yet google is working fine now for me, but still no home page.

AVG up to date, addaware also and firewall enabled.????????

Quiller. 23:06 16 Jan 04

p.s. Lionheart ?

That page will not open for me.

brambles 14:45 17 Jan 04

Lionheart - Answer NO

Vog - Whilst BTOpenworld home page won't load I can click on the down arrow in the address bar & go immediately to any recently visited sites.
Anti-Virus fully updated - ran check last night all OK

Brambles

BT seem to have changed over to bt.yahoo without informing their customers.
If you still have a problem, change your home page to:

click here

struggle8 15:18 19 Jan 04

has any one tryed phoneing 0800 731 7777 yet and listened to the status announcment at bt. about the other thing bugs bunny do you have to upgrade to bt yahoo then cos I need the new bt dialer after a full format and it wants me to upgrade to bt yahoo it says at no additioniol cost as I am a 56k user it wont try and upgrade me to broadband will it as I want to stay at 56k

Jakey boy 17:54 19 Jan 04

Just be patient, BT Openworld often have this problem, they're server sometimes can't cope with the large amount of accesses due to their continued transitions -ie: bt yahoo

angel.eyes01 04:07 21 Jan 04

I can't get into BT Openworld or read my emails from that account and i now have over 77 waiting to read.I thought i had done something to my computer.

Quiller. 09:18 21 Jan 04

Things look better this morning at btopenworld.

The home page loaded quite fast this morning.;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…