//some 3rd party need geo

BT, NTL or...else? Need brainstorming

LillyValley 16:36 19 Aug 04

I need brainstorming on the subject, to work out if I should stay with my current landline provider or change.
I've been using NTL for quite sometime, now but I'm now thinking of moving to a different landline provider, but it seems that BT is the only choice.
I need at least 2 phonelines and internet access, since I work from home (I'm disabled), yet again it seems that most othere ISPs need a BT line. Aren't there any more landlines out there?

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the right think into switching to BT, since they're rather expensive

I would like also to try Skype. Any thoughts on this one?

Any suggestions based on your experience, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PS I live in the London area

Lionheart ? 17:07 19 Aug 04

Sorry can't with the land lines, but have been using Skype for a couple months without any problems.

JFT 17:26 19 Aug 04

click here
Customer reviews of various service providers!

pj123 17:47 19 Aug 04

Are you talking Broadband or Dialup here? I am on NTL via my Digital TV set top box and I have 2 separate telephone lines. Broadband doesn't use the telephone so you may only need 1 phone line.

My package with NTL is Digital Cable TV with 1 telephone line provided free (you only pay for calls) and a 2nd telephone line costs me £6 per month plus phone calls. The Broadband charge varies depending on the speed but I am on 600kbps (now updated to 750kbps) which is £25 per month.

click here

LillyValley 14:13 21 Aug 04

Thank you for your advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…