BT Net Protect Plus problem

Cockney Rebel 25 Jul 12
Answered

I have NetProtect installed on my daughters Acer5742g laptop.Now for some reason it keeps reverting back to the original McAfee software with no sign of Net Protect ever being installed.I also get a message to buy another subscription.I have this installed on 2 other laptops without any problems.Thankyou for any help received.

northumbria61 25 Jul 12

Remove McAfee using their products removal tool from here enter link description here

Cockney Rebel 26 Jul 12

northumbria61 Many thanks for your reply.I have done as you suggested.I have just downloaded Net Protect Plus and it was installed without any problems.Lets hope this problem has now gone away.Will monitor for a few days and post later to let you know how things go. Many thanks

Cockney Rebel 31 Jul 12
Answer

Hi, Just to let you know there does not apppear to have been any further problems.Everything indicates BT Net Protect is still there as it should be.It would appear that even though Net Protect says it deletes existing security software this may not be the case. Many thanks for the help

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message