BT Modem Lock

bennyboy1234 17:05 28 Jan 08

Please help, im fairly new to all this.

Just bought a new super computer from dell.

Dual core 2 pentium 2ghz, 2gb ram etc

Was having trouble installing my broadband, so to get on line i installed a BT dialup connection.

I have since deleted that, as my broadband is now working, but everytime i log in, i get the flashing pad lock on the bottom right icon bar.

I have read a few things about deleting this, but does anybody know definitely how to safely get rid of this??

I have gone to add/remove progs but there is no BT progrmas left - i have deleted them already!

I am nervous about going into config bits, as i do not want to affect my machine!

Any help - in simple terms would be apprecaited.

with thanks

Graham. 17:16 28 Jan 08

Try this, Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Connections. If you can see it in there, you can click Remove.

But I don't think this Modem lock you describe is caused by the dial-up connection.

Graham. 17:17 28 Jan 08

Click on it, left or right, see what it says.

MAT ALAN 17:19 28 Jan 08

Double click on the BT Internet icon form desktop. In the 'Connecting to BT internet window, click on the 'Configure' button and select 'Configure Modem Lock (Modem Protection)' tab from the drop down menu.

This wil open up the 'BT Modem Lock Configuration' window.

Here, untick the option 'Enable BT Modem Lock for modem protection '(recommended)'

Click on 'Apply' and click on 'OK'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…