BT Internet Works Too Well!?

CPU Magnet 21:31 16 Jan 03
  CPU Magnet 21:31 16 Jan 03

Not sure why, but all of a sudden, whenever I start up my pc the bt dialler comes up and automatically dials a connection. This is quite annoying, Can anyone tell me how to stop it. Once it has connected it does not seem to do anything more, nothing, no downloading or anything.

Gandalph 21:36 16 Jan 03

Go into IE Tools>Internet Options>Connection and click on 'Never dial a Connection'. This should put an end to the auto-dialling that you are experiencing. It will only dial a connection when you tell it to.

CPU Magnet 21:39 16 Jan 03

I just checked in the Internet options\connections box, that has option has already been checked with a tick. So it is probably something else.

CPU Magnet 21:41 16 Jan 03

I ahve just unchecked the box for automatic updates in Zone Alarm. This might work. But I will wait for a few more responses before I restart.

CPU Magnet 19:59 17 Jan 03

It has not worked can anyone help me please

Mad Boy 20:20 17 Jan 03

This wont help i doubt, but have you tried reinstalling or updating I.E?

acfc 20:28 17 Jan 03

This is a known issue with Zone Alarm ~ my connection also starts automatically even after the recent upgrade to version 3.1.395 AND a clean install of Windows.

You could try an alternative firewall

sil_ver 20:31 17 Jan 03

You could try going to Start/Run, type msconfig click OK, open the startup progs tab and have a look at the progs and disable anything suspicious. Alternatively disable everything except systray and explorer (if it's there) and reboot. You might check the other tabs as well in case there is anything there.

siarad 20:34 17 Jan 03

Zone Alarm 3.1.395 automatically dials in & can't be stopped

Mad Boy 20:36 17 Jan 03

I use zone alarm, its fine. But then again its AOL im using, no bother, im happy :)

Hope you all resolve this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…