BT internet on start up

Thanuseelan 21:44 04 Jan 03
  Thanuseelan 21:44 04 Jan 03

Whenever I start my computer the desktop comes up and then about thirty seconds later btinternet start up and dials a connection automatically. I actually don't like this, can't think where I ahave made any changes inorder to start this annoyance. I have gone to start up in msconfig, but the checked boxes have nothing to do with this. One thing though; I think it might have started when I first installed Zone Alarm. Is it something to do with the automatic uodate feature?

Djohn 22:03 04 Jan 03

Could be, goto IE properties and click on connection tab and the tick, *Never dial a connection*. Do a reboot and now it will only come up when you want it to. J

Zaxifone 23:26 04 Jan 03

Zone Alarm does indeed check for updates automatically when switched on (presumably on bootup with your computer). Open it up and in 'Overview', select the 'preferences' tab and select 'manually' for the updates...

Hope this helps/works...

acfc 09:34 05 Jan 03

I believe this is a known issue with the latest version of Zone Alarm. I have set my updates to manual and it made no difference!

spuds 11:27 05 Jan 03

This ZoneAlarm problem as been mentioned before and recently, perhaps an email to ZoneAlarm Help will solve this issue, if this is the likely cause of the problem.

muppetmark 12:08 05 Jan 03

click here Zone alarm forums may be of some assistance with this if it is the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…