BT Internet Router Problem

Legslip 01:08 03 Sep 09

My pal has a BT Internet account and uses a Belkin wireless router. The router keeps going AWOL. I have a spare BT Wireless Home Hub 2.0. Can we just uninstall the Belkin and follow the user guide and install the Home Hub?

mooly 07:10 03 Sep 09

I think the Home Hub only works with a BT Broadband enabled line... so if that's what you have then give it a go.
Whatever happens it's either going to work or not... it won't cause any problems.
The HH is great IMO, but would advise not to install any of the BT software from disc if you have that... just manage the connection from within Windows, assuming that's what you are running.

sharpamat 09:40 03 Sep 09

There are two answers to this. the first is ownership on the HUB, if it was supplied free as part of BT Broadband Package. Bt Owns it not you. If you purchased it from BT you can do as you wish.
You say your pal has a BT Internet Account so can only presume this is a BT Broadband Account and the line has already been activated. easy to check just plug in and see if the blue lights come on.click here

It can then be installed fully useing the supplied CD the Belkin can be removed.

If you purchase the HUB it can after unlocking ( covered in the Forums ) be used as a stand alone Router

Legslip 15:48 03 Sep 09

Thanks for the advice. His account is definitely BT Internet. The Home Hub I purchased off Ebay a couple of months ago but I quickly moved to Virgin. It is brand new in the box. So it should work then?

mooly 17:34 03 Sep 09

Can't see why not :)

rawprawn 19:48 03 Sep 09

No problem from my point of view,as long as you use the admin password, and wireless key on the back of the hub to register it.

Technotiger 19:51 03 Sep 09

I agree with the others, should be no problem, your friend will probably also notice a marked improvement in speed of websites opening etc - I know I did when I upgraded from BT HomeHub Version 1.5 to version 2.0

Legslip 00:18 04 Sep 09

Tried it tonight and would not connect. Rang BT and evidently his broadband account is a business one, (he works frome) and Home Hub's do not work on business lines. Comments?

mooly 06:53 04 Sep 09

Comments... I didn't know there was such a thing as BT business "broadband line" although I knew the HH only works with BT Broadband.
Maybe ask BT again what the options are and what does work.

Technotiger 07:58 04 Sep 09

Business account - yes, I have heard of this before in connection with the Homehub, but can't remember the actual details, sorry.

Technotiger 08:09 04 Sep 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…