BT Internet and Outlook

Neill 19:27 24 Mar 05

If I have a basic BT email address ending @btinternet.com (which I assume works but haven't got that far yet) , how do I set it up so I can receive/send my emails via Outlook.

Not sure of the details to put in User Name, POP3, SMTP etc. Have tried mail.btopenworld.com in both but no joy. Neill

octal 19:36 24 Mar 05

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express, if its the later this will help: click here

Neill 19:37 24 Mar 05

I'd rather use Outlook because of the Calendar, Tasks etc

VoG II 19:39 24 Mar 05

The settings (POP3 etc) will be the same. Just slightly different to set up in Outlook.

octal 19:40 24 Mar 05

As VoG™ says, it should give you a clue on the set up.

whybe 19:45 24 Mar 05

Neill. With BT Broadband your user name is not usually the same as your email address. It will probably be something like [email protected]?.btinternet.com'(no quotes)where the x represents letters and the ? is a number. This you will need together with the password both given to you by BT. For POP3 and SMTP entries these are both the same server name being mail.btinternet.com

Neill 19:46 24 Mar 05

Now it says that the server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. and error 800CCC0F
All very frustrating. I followed your lead to the BT site but no joy. Think I'll ring them.

VoG II 19:48 24 Mar 05
  sicknote 20:36 24 Mar 05

I maybe wrong but i thought bt basic mail is web based only for pop3 tyou have to pay £1.50

click here

Neill 22:17 24 Mar 05

Thanks for all of your suggestions. This is a neighbours PC so if it gets resolved I'll try and put the outcome on this site. Thanks again. Neill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…