BT infinity network problem

jamie.halliwell.5 19:13 13 Jan 14

Hey, im having a problem with my new BT infinity connection. Iv just moved in with a couple of friends and we have various devices connected to our network, using homehub 5. now every device seems to be running smoothly connected wireless through the homehub, except my desktop. Originally, i thought it was a problem with my usb wireless b/g adapter as it got bent during the move, however after replacing it with a new wireless b/g/n adapter the problem still exists. Im getting extremely low download and upload speeds,aswell as an extremely high ping. i tried refreshing/updating all adapters and ip settings through the cmd to no avail. im about to do a malware check through malware bytes although i dont think thats the problem as it was working perfectly fine before the move. oh and on the network connection status it now says 1MBps, i think that might have some relevance im not too sure. Any responces and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as im kind of at a loss of what to do next. Cheers, Jamie URL=[click">http://www.speedtest.net/result/3229256699.png[/IMG][/URL]">URL=[click here is the latest speedtest after disabling my antivirus. its been consistently even slow that all day. all other devices in the household are getting between 16-20Mbps
Cheers again

This

jamie.halliwell.5 19:14 13 Jan 14

Mr Mistoffelees 20:48 13 Jan 14

How many floors and walls between your PC and the router and how distant is it?

jamie.halliwell.5 14:42 21 Jan 14

its pretty much directly above it, so just one floor

jamie.halliwell.5 14:45 21 Jan 14

This is the speedtest.net result now, its improved a little bit, but still extremely poor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…